Inspired by the rolling rebellions in the Arab world, Americans will be gathering for their own days of rage this autumn, beginning with an occupation of Wall Street on Sept. 17, and in October occupying Freedom Plaza in Washington. Some of the issues highlighted by participants include the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the domination of money in the political system, and unfair elections that don’t offer citizens the opportunity to effect change through voting.
About The Compliance CampaignCampaigning for a United States in compliance with its international obligations. Follow on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/compliancecamp Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/compliancecamp Comments, article submissions or news leads are welcome at compliancecampaign [at] gmail.com.
- RT @AbbyMartin: Bush dropped 70,000 bombs in 5 countries. Obama dropped 100,000 bombs in 7 countries. Trump ramped up campaign of death to… 8 hours ago
- @cspan Hopefully the executive order also does something about immediately reuniting the families that have already been separated. 21 hours ago
- RT @RepBarbaraLee: The Trump admin is committing human rights abuses in our own country. I sent a letter asking the UN to send observers to… 1 day ago
- RT @afsc_org: AFSC speaks out against U.S. withdrawal from U.N. #HumanRightsCouncil afsc.org/story/afsc-spe… #UnitedNations https://t.co/x71… 1 day ago
- @cspan @SpeakerRyan So when does this mean - you're going to throw them all in prison together? 1 day ago
- ‘Russiagate’ impeachment push reveals U.S. indifference to corruption and war crimes
- World moves to ban nuclear weapons as U.S. flouts obligations, moves to revamp arsenal
- Trump’s proposed hike in military spending likely to kick off new arms race
- Trump presidency shaping up to be a disaster for international norms
- Trump takes office in violation of anti-corruption norms