Inspired by the rolling rebellions in the Arab world, Americans will be gathering for their own days of rage this autumn, beginning with an occupation of Wall Street on Sept. 17, and in October occupying Freedom Plaza in Washington. Some of the issues highlighted by participants include the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the domination of money in the political system, and unfair elections that don’t offer citizens the opportunity to effect change through voting.
About The Compliance CampaignCampaigning for a United States in compliance with its international obligations. Follow on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/compliancecamp Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/compliancecamp Comments, article submissions or news leads are welcome at compliancecampaign [at] gmail.com.
- More Than 1,000 Civilians Reportedly Killed by U.S.-Led Airstrikes as Trump Expands War on Terror democracynow.org/2017/3/27/more… via @democracynow 4 hours ago
- @propornot @pluralistberry Ha, a professional troll smearing people w/ anonymous, unfounded allegations lectures others about "good looks." 4 hours ago
- @propornot @pluralistberry @Medium With all that money you get from CIA, can't you do some actual research beyond that half-assed googling? 4 hours ago
- @propornot @mtaibbi @washingtonpost Question for PropOrNot: do you receive money from the CIA, or are you the CIA? 5 hours ago
- The U.S., its vassals and other rogue nuclear states skip treaty talks reut.rs/2o9AucX via @Reuters 13 hours ago
- World moves to ban nuclear weapons as U.S. flouts obligations, moves to revamp arsenal
- Trump’s proposed hike in military spending likely to kick off new arms race
- Trump presidency shaping up to be a disaster for international norms
- Trump takes office in violation of anti-corruption norms
- Obama’s dismal human rights legacy in focus as Trump takes the helm