Inspired by the rolling rebellions in the Arab world, Americans will be gathering for their own days of rage this autumn, beginning with an occupation of Wall Street on Sept. 17, and in October occupying Freedom Plaza in Washington. Some of the issues highlighted by participants include the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the domination of money in the political system, and unfair elections that don’t offer citizens the opportunity to effect change through voting.
About The Compliance CampaignCampaigning for a United States in compliance with its international obligations. Follow on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/compliancecamp Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/compliancecamp Comments, article submissions or news leads are welcome at compliancecampaign [at] gmail.com.
- RT @NCTorture: Watch: Former Guantanamo detainee and Aero Contractors rendition victim, @MohamedouOuld speaks out - youtube.com/watch?v=CBtgG5…… 5 hours ago
- Poll: Under Trump, global approval of U.S. leadership hits historical low politi.co/2BbmMvB #ShitholeUSA 20 hours ago
- RT @americas_crimes: This week in 1991, US launched a massive bombing campaign to mark the beginning of the 1st Iraq War. Over 42 days, the… 21 hours ago
- @theintercept @rdevro What a shithole country the USA is. 1 day ago
- RT @theintercept: This week on @Intercepted, host @jeremyscahill lays out the bloody U.S. history in Haiti and El Salvador. https://t.co/6D… 1 day ago
- ‘Russiagate’ impeachment push reveals U.S. indifference to corruption and war crimes
- World moves to ban nuclear weapons as U.S. flouts obligations, moves to revamp arsenal
- Trump’s proposed hike in military spending likely to kick off new arms race
- Trump presidency shaping up to be a disaster for international norms
- Trump takes office in violation of anti-corruption norms