Inspired by the rolling rebellions in the Arab world, Americans will be gathering for their own days of rage this autumn, beginning with an occupation of Wall Street on Sept. 17, and in October occupying Freedom Plaza in Washington. Some of the issues highlighted by participants include the ongoing wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, the domination of money in the political system, and unfair elections that don’t offer citizens the opportunity to effect change through voting.
About The Compliance CampaignCampaigning for a United States in compliance with its international obligations. Follow on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/compliancecamp Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/compliancecamp Comments, article submissions or news leads are welcome at compliancecampaign [at] gmail.com.
- RT @MiddleEastEye: "Just the start of dark days to come after Trump's blessing to the region's tyrants" ow.ly/kcys30c2U8n 10 hours ago
- @pressfreedom @OSCE_RFoM @Bencjacobs @guardian @GregForMontana He should be prosecuted and sent to jail if convicte… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 10 hours ago
- RT @pressfreedom: US congressional candidate in #Montana charged with assaulting reporter @bencjacobs of the @guardian https://t.co/eNknm8I… 10 hours ago
- @grung0r @FreeDaveSchwab @DrJillStein You sound a little unhinged. Might be time to turn off the MSNBC propaganda machine. 12 hours ago
- @schprockets @DrJillStein How is Jill Stein any more self-righteous than Hillary Clinton or you for that matter? "S… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 12 hours ago
- ‘Russiagate’ impeachment push reveals U.S. indifference to corruption and war crimes
- World moves to ban nuclear weapons as U.S. flouts obligations, moves to revamp arsenal
- Trump’s proposed hike in military spending likely to kick off new arms race
- Trump presidency shaping up to be a disaster for international norms
- Trump takes office in violation of anti-corruption norms